With kids now focused on technology from a young age, it is not long before we start wanting them to don a comfortable and quiet pair of headphones!
For the kids, some experience with using headphones is also handy before commencing a long car or plane trip, when movies, games and music may be readily available. Yes, we have experienced those moments when words like “please watch another movie kids” or “why don’t you play more angry birds?” have been uttered. Knowing how to use a good set of headphones and ensuring comfort levels prior to the trip is a useful piece of advice.
Little Gulliver continues to add to our range of child friendly headphones and earphones. We offer volume limited, noise isolating and full volume headphones and earphones suiting all ages (from Ages 3+) and design styles.
MOKI (formerly Moshi) Volume Limited KIDS Headphones
The Little Gulliver (test!) kids use volume limited Moki kids headphones around our home. They have also used them in the car on long trips (Melb to central NSW) using entertainment devices. At ages 4, 5& 6, the kids loved them and we do too as the headphones have withstood quite a bit of rough use!
We’ve received a small amount of feedback that because of background noise in certain cars and planes the volume restricted headphones can be a little too low, however, we’ve not personally found this to be the case. If choosing a set of headphones specifically for plane or car travel please just bear this in mind. We’ve been told the volume limited aspect may be affected by where you are sitting on a plane (closer to engines etc) and the type of plane.
- a single cable down the left of the unit makes them easy to put on and off, with an ideal length of 1.2m
- they adjust by a sliding movement on the headpiece
- the volume restriction means that you can safely let you kids manage their entertainment without worry
- though they are designed for kids, they would easily fit an adult
- obviously I love these headphones and, coming in a range of bright colours, I think they are the ideal 1st headphone
MOSHI Volume Limited Headphones
These headphones have a different look to the kids style, but could certainly be worn by kids – the volume limited technology is the same as in the Moshi Kids headphones. The design however, is more adult-like (maybe even a little cooler!) and in the way they are adjusted on the head (with the padded headpiece adjusted by sliding a chrome adjuster up or down).
Popular with teenagers who are likely to use headphones regularly for their music and gaming interests – they are able to keep the volume at a consistently safe level.
- padded headpiece and cups, have a great look for adults
- single cord lessens tangles
- while can adjust to a child, will also fit a larger adult size
MOSHI Pro Noise Isolating Earphones
These earphones give a full volume sound, while taking away noisy backgrounds. They can be used for ages 5+.
For younger kids I would recommend headphones above earphones, some kids seem to prefer them as they can be more comfortable than placing the buds in the ear. Check with your kids though – we gave ours a choice and 3/3 choose headphones. I thought the earphones would be easier to look after and was surprised the kids were so assertive about what they wanted!
These pro noise isolating earphones are stylishly designed. They have an alloy housing and an anodized surface, so don’t have the plastic look of many earphones on the market, being a good quality piece. The high frequency response and the soft silicone ear-buds provide superb sound reproduction, whilst reducing the influence of surrounding ambient noise. I would say these are great quality for anyone looking to upgrade earphones for their smartphone / ipod or general travel use. Being noise isolating, they are ideal in busy noisy background environments like planes and trains.
- They have a 1.4m cable
- silicone ear buds for long use comfort
- great for everyday use, taking up little space
- includes 3 sized silicon earpieces
MOSHI Volume Limited KIDS Earphones
Earphones can be a good option for kids who don’t like to have things pulled over their head. This set from Moshi are specially designed for kids, fitting safely in the ear and have the volume limited feature. Because they take up little space, earphones can also be a convenient option. They readily find a spot in a handbag, backpack or carry on luggage.
Our kids were given a choice of the Moshi volume limited head and ear phones and all 3 chose the headphones – so perhaps the headphones are considered more stylish/more exciting by the small folk? Some kids love the earphones, it seems to be a very personalised decision for each of the young users!
These earphones also differ from others in that they don’t have a silicon earpiece, which is a design feature specifically for young wearers.
- designed to be worn safely – cannot be forced into the ear canal
- specially made for kids aged 3+
- small, so easy to carry and have on hand
- volume limited
Moki Poppers Headphones
The Moki Poppers are a favourite around the office amongst young and old(er) users!
Great designs, comfy ear cups, padded headband, full volume capacity and solid construction mean our test units have been pumping out the sound for a long time now.
Excellent sound range and bass at a great everyday low price. Huge range to choose from – Sparkles, Rockstar, Claw (!), Purple Dino, Monster Truck, Hearts, Martians and more.
There is a Pop, Pop, Popper for everyone… Full range is here
The funkyfonic’s are a full volume headphone with cute colours and designs. Ideal for kids (or adults) wanting a funky look, with no need for limiting volume. These headphones do have a cable from each earpiece (unlike the Moki single cord design).
- recommended for 6+ to adult
- the headpiece folds, so can be compact for travel
- the earcup flips, therefore a parent can check noise level without removing the headphones from the child
ladybug, skull, frog, owl
From the maker of Funkyfonic’s, the crocodile and owl options are simply adorable! And certainly earphones are a compact option for travel, easily finding a home in a small space. These are a full volume earphone.
- comes with 2 sets for silicone tips in 2 sizes; standard for adults and small for kids 6+
- kids will love the designs – fancy a crocodile head coming out of one ear and a tail out of the other?
Pom Pom Earphones
A cute and fluffy earphone option. The pom pom earphones come in four squishy colours are a full volume earphone.
- come with 3 size silicon ear tips to fit ear sizes from ages 6, small adult and adult.
- colours available: pink, light pink, white, purple
Moshi Neon Headphones
Great headphones for everyday use. They are full volume headphones with a stylish look. I personally think they are the best looking headphones we have! They were popular last Christmas with customers grabbing them for tweens upwards. The colour looks great with ipods and iphones.
- 4+ to adult
- easily adjustable
- comfort and style – if you’re not looking for a volume limited feature
- dome style holds firm, while still comfortable on the ear
We’ll be continually updating our range. Please let us know about your experiences using your headphones and earphones – what you like/dislike how is the sound for you? Who have you bought them for? What would you recommend?
Check out our full range of electronics at Little Gulliver Play / Electronics today!