We travelled through Europe for 5 weeks
- staying in apartments and self-catering.
- we tried to learn to say ‘egg and nut allergy’ in each of the languages with varying success.
- Google translate is handy to print out allergies and add pictures.
- we looked up supermarkets close to each of the apartments on Google maps before we left, which helped with ease of supplies when we arrived.
- As far as choosing where to eat out when we did, it was a combination of exploring the local neighbourhood and using Lonely Planet suggestions – sometimes good, sometimes terrible – what is a great venue for a 20 something y.o. backpacker is not necessarily such a great spot for a family meal! Lol.